With a proven track record since 1885 and more than 400 attorneys, Taft has offices in Chicago, Illinois; Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, Dayton and Delaware, Ohio; Indianapolis, Indiana; Covington, Kentucky; Ann Arbor, Michigan; and Phoenix, Arizona. Taft practices across a wide range of industries and in nearly every area of law, including: bankruptcy and restructuring; capital markets; commercial litigation; construction; corporate governance; education; employee benefits and executive compensation; employment; energy and regulated industries; environmental; gaming; government contracts; healthcare and life sciences; industrial manufacturing; insurance and financial institutions; intellectual property; international; labor; lending and finance; media and entertainment; mergers and acquisitions; municipal law and government relations; nonprofit and tax-exempt organizations; private equity; real estate and REITs; restaurants and hospitality; tax; technology; venture capital; white collar criminal defense.
Since 2008, Taft has completed four successful mergers to nearly double the firm’s size. Through a disciplined growth strategy, Taft has added new geographies and areas of experience to better serve its clients. This growth has strengthened Taft’s culture and core values: Midwestern work ethic, a client-first mindset, collegiality, inclusiveness, and professional excellence.
As an additional service to its clients, Taft attorneys often partner with members of its affiliated businesses to provide comprehensive client service. Taft’s wholly-owned, non-legal affiliated businesses include:
• Focused Capitol Solutions LLC (governmental relations and public policy)
• Ginovus LLC (economic development incentive packages, municipal economic development planning, and related economic development activities)
• Ingardus LLC (all areas of insurance, including transactional, regulatory, compliance, and captive insurance companies)
• Taft Business Consulting LLC (business consulting)
• The Mid-American Regional Center (EB-5)